Safe & Well
Our commitment to you
We are fully open, and safely welcoming both residents and non-residents.
Our restaurant is open to non-residents for lunch, and our bright and spacious Fountain Room is open for daytime drinks, cream teas and snacks. To avoid disappointment, and to help with our social distancing measures, we would ask you to book your table first on 01822 892300, or book online here on our website.
The safety and well-being of our guests, our team, our business partners and the wider community are our absolute priority. We have responded to the challenges brought to us all by COVID-19, with a package of measures to ensure your safety and peace of mind.
- For the time being, we are offering a reduced number of bedrooms. This gives everyone a little more space when moving around the hotel, and gives us extra time for deep-cleaning in between guests.
- Our housekeeping team have received additional training, equipment and supplies, to allow them to clean and sanitise rooms and public areas to the highest standards. In public areas, we are cleaning even more frequently and thoroughly than before, and we have management systems in place to ensure that we keep on top of this.
- We are offering a full breakfast service, with a selection of cold breakfast items followed by your choice of cooked breakfast, all served to your table (or to your room, if you prefer). In order to provide you with the best service, and to help with social distancing, we will ask you to reserve your breakfast time the evening before.
- Please book your restaurant table in advance on 01822 892300.
- We work with a range of highly respected suppliers, most of them very local, and we are working with them to ensure the safety and integrity of all our supplies coming into the hotel.
- You’ll will find hand sanitiser stations at the entrances and throughout the hotel. Please use these facilities, and wash your hands frequently.
- If you are staying with us, we would ask you to use the bathroom facilities in your room, rather than the toilets in our public areas, wherever possible.
- Social distancing has become a new “norm” for us all, and we ask you to maintain social distancing within the hotel, for everyone’s safety. We would also ask you to wear your face covering in all public areas of the hotel, except when sitting down to eat or drink.
- We are not accepting cash at this time – just credit and debit cards (contactless where possible).
Whilst many things are different right now, our team is here to provide our famously warm welcome. Every team member receives the additional training, equipment and supplies required to serve you safely and to look after their own safety – and of course to ensure that you have an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us.
Book with Confidence
We know that, more than ever, plans can change right now, and we ask you not to visit if anyone in your party has any COVID symptoms. When you book direct with us, you can cancel without penalty, whatever the reason, up until 72 hours before arrival. If anyone in your party develops COVID symptoms within 72 hours of your booked arrival, of course we would still ask you not to visit, and to contact us to rearrange your booking.